These were a tasty breakfast yesterday.
Stuffed French Toast
• 4 oz light cream cheese, weight Watchers
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 3 teaspoons McCormick® Ground Cinnamon, divided
• 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract, divided
• 10 slices light bread
• 1/2 cup sugar free apricot preserves
• 2 eggs
• 3 egg whites
• 1/2 cup skim milk
1. Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in small bowl until well blended. Spread 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture on each of 8 slices of bread. Spread 1 tablespoon of preserves on each of the remaining 8 slices of bread. Press one each of the bread slices together to form 8 sandwiches.
2. Beat eggs with wire whisk in 13×9-inch baking dish. Stir in milk, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until well blended. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, soaking for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Place 4 of the sandwiches in skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining sandwiches, melting remaining tablespoon butter in skillet. Serve French toast with maple syrup, if desired.
Yield: 5 sandwiches. Per sandwich= 204 Calories; 7g Fat (24.9% calories from fat); 12g Protein; 35g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 334mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.