These were pretty good! And keep me moving toward my goal of more veggies!
Spiced Brussels Sprouts
• 1 (12 ounce) packages frozen Brussels sprouts
• 1 TB light margarine
• 1 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
2 TB Splenda
• 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a saucepan, bring the water to a boil and add the Brussels sprouts. Return to boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5 to 7 minutes, until sprouts are tender. Drain.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, mix the butter, walnuts, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Cover, and cook on High 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted and the walnuts are warm. Pour over the cooked Brussels sprouts to serve.
Yield: 2 servings. Per serving= 114 Calories; 4g Fat (24.8% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 88mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.