I made this for Easter lunch at my dad’s. I loved it! It has a wonderful blend of many flavors!
• 1 pkg. Italian dressing mix
• 1 TB olive oil
• 1/3 c. water
• 5 cups romaine lettuce – rinsed, dried, and chopped
• ½ c. red bell pepper, cut into strips
• 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
• ½ c. shredded carrot
• 1/4 cup black olives
• 1/4 cup pitted green olives
• ½ c. cucumber, sliced
• 17 slices turkey pepperoni, chopped
• 1/3 c. sliced banana peppers
1. In a medium container with a lid, mix dressing mix, oil and water. Cover, and shake until well blended.
2. In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, red bell pepper, artichoke hearts, carrot, black olives, green olives, cucumber, pepperoni and banana peppers. . Pour dressing mixture over all and toss to coat.
Yield: 8 large servings. Per serving= 74 Calories; 4g Fat (45.3% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 7mg Cholesterol; 693mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.